Happy 50th Birthday MO HK!
Fifty years ago today, the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong officially opened its doors. More than any other hotel in the world, The Mandarin is very much part of local life whether it’s businessmen drinking from silver tankards in the Captain’s Bar, tai tais lunching in Cafe Causette or families enjoying the evening buffet in the Clipper Lounge.
The hotel’s wonderfully named Button Supper Club, The Lookout cocktail bar and the Sirloin & Saddle restaurant are no more but The Chinnery is still going strong – and amusingly only did away with its men only policy as recently as 1990. Chopstix will be raising a glass there today safe in the knowledge that Billy and his team will have our favourite tipple on stand by. Chin Chin!
Between now and November 14th 2013 you can win prizes at The Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong and its sister hotel in Bangkok. Take a pic of your must-see spots, must-eat dishes and must-try experiences in either city for the chance to win:
Hong Kong entries
• Weekend stay at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok inclusive of Breakfast
• Michelin-starred Dinner for two at Mandarin Grill + Bar
• Signature Utopia Facial at The Mandarin Spa
• Weekend stay at Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong inclusive of Breakfast
• Signature dinner for two at Ciao, Italian Restaurant
• The Oriental Signature Treatment for two at The Oriental Spa
1) Follow @MO_HKG and @MO_Bangkok on Instagram
2) Snap a photo and upload it to your instagram (remember to change your setting to public)
3) Tag #MOinsider, @MO_HKG and @MO_Bangkok
4) In the caption, state what the photo is about and where it was taken (you may use geotag)
1) Become a Facebook Fan of Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong and Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
2) Snap a photo and send it to either Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong (if your photo was taken in Hong Kong) or Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok (if taken in Bangkok) through a private Facebook message
3) In the same message, provide a caption for the photo and state where it was taken.
Winners will be chosen by the two hotel’s concierge teams, and the announcement will be made by 25 Nov, 2013.
You must be logged in to post a comment.